To optimize the life of your handpieces, it is essential to lubricate them meticulously.
Indeed, if the manufacturer’s lubrication recommendations were not respected and there is breakage, it will not be covered under warranty.
Have a look at our handpiece lubrication tips to avoid any breakage.
See the difference between a properly lubricated turbine vs a turbine with a lack of lubrication
Lubricate every use
1. Drops of oil here – daily.
2. Drops of oil here – before and after autoclaving cycle (or according to manufacture). Lubricate the high-speed handpieces daily on the smaller of the two large holes.
3. Oil after every 15 minutes of use.
4. Do not leave levers open.
5. Daily lubricate chuck.
1. Drops of oil at these two places – each use.
2. The low-speed handpiece can be broken down into three parts. Disassemble the three parts;
3. Lubricate both ends of the contra-angle.
4. Lubricate the prophy angle.
5. Re-assemble the handpiece.
For both high and low-speed handpieces lubrication;
For drop oil, with the bur inserted (for the high-speed), place lubricant (2-3 drops) into the air intake, run and purge unit for 20 seconds, or until all excess oil is expelled.
For aerosol oil, with the bur inserted (for the high-speed), spray lubricant for 1 second into the air intake and run on purge unit for 20 seconds, or until all excess oil is expelled.
If expelled oil is colored, repeat the lubrification process until expelled oil is clear.
+ Remove the burs and other attachments (never sterilize with attachment).
+ Lever-operated chucks must be closed.
+ Never cool a hot handpiece under cold water or by placing it in a refrigerator.
+ Allow drying cycle to complete before removing handpiece from the autoclave to ensure that all moisture has been removed.
+ Make sure the handpiece is completely cool and dry before operating.
+ Have autoclave unit serviced regularly by manufacturer’s representative.
+ Do not cheat the bur this will damage the chuck.
+ Do not use pliers to remove burs.
+ Use a proper oil adaptor for your aerosol can.
+ Set air pressure according to manufacture (usually between 30-40 psi).
4-hole quick connector turbine
HIGHDENT Dental High Speed Turbine Handpiece
6-hole quick connector with LED turbine
HIGHDENT Dental LED High Speed Turbine Handpiece
HP Bur Set
Feline Bur Set
Canine Bur Set
Standard LED High Speed Handpiece
U-Type Snap-On Prophy Head
4 : 1 Straight Nosecone
4 :1 Contra angle
25 000 RPM Air Motor
Superior Low speed handpiece