Soda lime is used to absorb CO2 during anesthetic procedures. As the CO2 is absorbed, the sodasoarb changes colour. Depending on the brand of absorbent used, colour indicator charts are available. However, soda lime may return to its original colour if not used for a certain period.
This is why it is important not to rely solely on the colour change, but also on the durability of the absorbent. The maximum duration of use is 14 hours. Therefore, with this user-friendly tool, register every 15 minutes used during anesthesia procedures. Since soda lime freshness is the key to the absorption of CO2 exhaled by the patient, the Sodalime expiry indicator is your best option.
Before disposing of the expired sodasoarb, you must take certain precautions. Sodasoarb is a skin irritant, so it is important to wear gloves, goggles and a mask.
Follow these 6 easy steps to replace the CO2 absorbent.
1. Loosen the adjustment screw located under the soda lime canister.
2. Remove the canister, and empty the previous soda lime at the appropriate disposal.
3. Using a damp cloth, wipe the canister including its upper and lower seals. Clean off any excess powder to prevent leakage.
5. Put the canister back in place and tighten the set screw underneath.
6. Check for leaks. Check your machine before using it again.
If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact our tech team at email@example.com.