How to measure blood pressure with the Moduflex Vet BP doppler
- Place cuff above the vessel to be examined.
- Shave the area where the probe will be positioned or wet hair with alcohol (underneath
the tail or the carpal pad at the end of the paw or the radial artery).
- Put gel on the probe. Put probe in contact with the vessel to examine (without pressure
because it would stop or reduce blood flow).
- Move the probe slightly until you hear a clear Doppler sound signal.
- Maintain the probe with your finger or fix it on the skin with an adhesive plaster.
- Inflate the cuff with the sphygmomanometer to block the artery until you hear no sound.
- Deflate the cuff slowly and progressively.
- When you hear the sound signal again, it corresponds to the systolic pressure.
- The diastolic pressure corresponds to a change of the Doppler’s tonality. The detection
of diastolic pressure requires experience as well as good operating conditions.
- To validate the results, it is best to measure the pressure several times.
The Moduflex Vet BP doppler set includes:
- 1 probe
- Battery charger
- 4 cuffs in different sizes (4-8 cm, 6-11 cm, 7-13 cm and 8-15 cm)
- Gel tube
- All the accessories are packed in a nice and robust carrying case.
- Ultrasonic frequency: 8 MHz
- Audio output: 200mW
- Frequency response: 300Hz – 6kHz
- Battery: 3 x 1.2V, 1500mAh
- Operating time: +/- 6 hours
- Charging time: 15 hours
- Dimensions: 7″ x 3″ x 1″ (175 x 80 x 25 mm)
- Weight incl. battery: 11 oz. (300 g)
- Headset acoustic output: mini jack