As Field Service Technician, you will be conducting maintenance checks and diagnosing repairs on veterinary equipment at customer sites. The types of equipment to be repaired are anesthesia, dentistry, tables, microscopes, and autoclaves.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responds to scheduled service calls for maintenance and repair or malfunction problems.
- Diagnose, test, and troubleshoot the equipment.
- Do preventive maintenance and repairs on veterinary devices according to established procedures.
- Support and collaborate with technical, sales, and customer service department.
- Ensure that all necessary equipment and supplies are available to go to the customer’s site to meet all requirements to complete a maintenance.
- Be responsible for the supervision, adjustments, and maintenance of the work tools at his disposal.
- Participates in the maintenance of quality standards, cooperates within the team to ensure the exchange of information and knowledge.
- Always follows safety standards, both on the job and at client sites
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Ensures effective management of time and priorities
- Ensures a quick response to emergency calls at the customer’s location.
- Complete inspection and service reports correctly.
- Repair and/or replace mechanical or electrical parts; perform electrical and/or mechanical tests to repair and identify problems.
- Maintain service car, the company supplied tools and carstock in good condition.
- Perform all other related tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
Studies in a technical discipline (Electrical mechanics) or equivalent experience.
o Minimum of 5 years of face-to-face customer service
o Minimum of 5 years of Field Service technician experience
- Technical skills
o Demonstrates functional expertise: Analytical skills, electrical, manual dexterity, mechanical, pneumatical
o Knowledge of medical and dental technology (asset)
- Maintains productive relationships and works effectively with others.
- Committed to customers.
- Communicates effectively with confidence courteous and professional manner.
- The candidate must be willing to travel extensively. He will be inclined to make your tours and sleep over as needed.
- Attentive and active listening.
- Clear and concise (oral and written communication).
- Provides information in a timely manner.
- Valid driver’s license.
Job Status and Other Information:
- Permanent full-time, 4 days a week, 40 hours per week.
- Ability to do tours of remote clinics.
- Training at Head Office in Quebec and shadowing in his territory.
- 3 weeks of vacation per year, group health insurance and other benefits are offered.
- Car, tools, cellphone, and uniform supplied.
Ready to apply?