At Dispomed, we know how important it is to have your equipment in good working order at all times. After years of service and maintenance on microscopes in the field, we have come up with a list of easy and simple steps to follow to keep your microscope working at its best and as for long as possible.
With these simple microscope maintenance tips, you can increase the life span of your microscope and objectives, it’s easy and can save you money and trouble!
- Turn off the light when you are finished using the microscope.
- Use immersion oil sparingly and ONLY with oil immersion objectives. The immersion objectives will be marked as such. Generally, these objectives are 100x or 50x.
- Do not leave the immersion objectives in oil for a long period. If left for too long, they may be damaged.
- Never put the 4x, 10x or 40x objectives in immersion oil. If this happens, clean the lens immediately.
- If you spill solvents or chemicals, including liquid paraffin, clean the lens right away.
- Every time you’re are finished viewing a slide, remove it and dispose of it as per your practice waste policy. You can also save it for further reference by putting it in a slide container.
- Clean the lens with lens tissues after each use.
- Leave the low power objective in place when finished viewing and lower the stage.
- When finished with the microscope, cover it with a synthetic cover and not tissue to avoid dusts particles.
You still have question regarding the maintenance of your microscope? Book an appointment with your microscope specialist, they will gladly help you!
REMINDER: print these microscope maintenance technical tips and hang it near your microscope. These tips will help you and your clinic staff to remember how to maintain your microscope and what to do in case of error.